Sunday, July 29, 2018

Flamingo

I was trying to stay loose and paint it on thick with this one. Often I don't mix enough of the colors I need and it makes me be stingy with the paint when I don't want to be.  I was also experimenting with a different paint from my normal here, it's the Lascaux Studio line. The colors are all very opaque which I love, but also more runny than my normal Golden or Lascaux Artists acrylics. The runniness will take some getting used to. It's also hard to mix darker colors with them because they have white bases (which is what makes them nice and opaque). But I will be experimenting more with them for sure.

I have the itch to do some still life paintings next.  My drawing-from-life skills need work, but they won't get better unless I practice!  I rely pretty heavily on gridding when I draw from photos.

Flamingo - 6x8 on archival card stock


1 comment: