Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Bunny warm-up

Feeling rusty so I warmed up with a fast-and-loose little bunny. In the reference photo, the bunny was in sharp focus and the background was blurred - I tried to recreate that but without success. It's not the first time I've tried and failed at the "blurred background" but I'll keep trying. It seems it might be easier to do if I painted in oils, but I have seen acrylic painters successfully do it so I know it's possible!

I am pushing through a plateau right now, and it's so helpful to follow other painters' blogs and on Instagram for reassurance that many go through this, and you just have to keep painting to get to the other side (until the next plateau, that is!). 

Bunny warm-up - Acrylic on 5x7 in. archival cardboard

1 comment: