Monday, June 17, 2019

Cutest planter ever

I saw a photo of this planter on Instagram and just had to paint it. It didn't turn out quite as planned - the planter in the photo is white!! Clearly I need some work on assessing darker shades of white! I started with the darkest areas of the planter and then worked my way subtly lighter - next time I'll try starting with the lightest areas and working my way subtly darker instead.  I think the back half of the body is kind of ok-ish, but the front half and the head are way too dark.  I have the same problem when trying to paint my white cat - I make the darker areas waaaay too dark.

I'll probably try painting this exact reference photo again in the near future because I think this is the cutest planter ever!

Cutest planter ever - Acrylic on 6x6 in. hardboard panel

Many thanks to Belinda at @plantloversonly for the use of her photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment