Saturday, May 13, 2017

Ginger - and upcoming projects!

I've been busy working on some pieces for a couple of upcoming projects! One of the projects is an exhibition of my work in a local coffee shop, I want to do a series of pet portraits for that. The other is the U of MN Vet Hospital is going to feature some of my paintings on note cards that they send out. The front of the card will have a transfer of one of my paintings, and the back of the card will have their logo and also my contact information. I'm really excited about it!

Ginger - Acrylic on 12x12 gessobord


This dog is from the "paint my photo" site. Lots of good reference material there. If you have any great shots of your pets (close-up, well-lit...) please feel free to send them my way too.

One thing I still struggle with is getting accurate photos of my paintings. They always look different than they do in person. And it's amazing how different times of day affects the photos. Here's another photo of the same painting. The real painting's colors are somewhere between the two.

 


Any  photography lighting tips would be appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment